Tuesday, May 7, 2013

25 Days of Art: Gallery Show

25 Days of Art was such a special project. And by special, I mean overwhelming and completely creatively draining. Right now it's hard for me to think about what's next since I'm still recovering from a full art lesson a day for an entire month. Regardless of my exhaustion, I think the results speak for themselves. The kids produced some absolutely amazing art, and did so in ways that were new and special to them.

It seemed like a shame to let all of that fade away when April ended, so I spent a few days "curating" a show of the art that had been left behind. It went up yesterday, replacing the Baby Mouse wall, and will remain up for a month or so, just to remind the kids what they're capable of when they open themselves up to new experiences. 















Update: Over the past few weeks I've seen kids excitedly showing off their work to parents and friends, explaining in great detail how they created each piece. Story time parents love seeing examples of things they'll be able to do with their kiddos in a few years and we've been able to adapt a few of the projects into developmentally appropriate activities for after story time crafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment