Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fall Displays


Fall is a busy time here at the library. Kids go back to school, leaves start to turn colors and displays need to change. There'll be more, many more, display changes before winter rolls in, but for now our library looks a little something like this...


Fall books go under the tree. I originally wanted the puffs below to serve as the leaves on the tree, but I couldn't figure out how to make them stick in a way that actually looked like foliage. Crumpled up butcher paper it is!


After the outer space mobiles of the summer I realized that this big, blank wall really does need something on it and my requests for a giant cork board or bulletin board keep going unanswered (much like my repeated requests for a changing table. C'mon people, we need a changing table in the bathroom. But I digress...) Anyway, I love the way the puffs hang and twist on their fishing line. I think I'll use a rotating cast of puffs with different, seasonally appropriate colors, on this wall until I can figure out something better.



Back to School books were out for about a week before they were cleaned out entirely, which was perfect because it let me use that space for a display on Books About the Library, Just in time for Library Card Registration Month!

The below picture entirely gives away where I work, but I don't think it's a huge deal. Plus I'm extremely proud of my giant fake library card, it looks just like our vintage cards!



And lastly, the display that I'll be taking down today to make room for High Holidays books, the DIY crafting section.



No comments:

Post a Comment