Thursday, February 28, 2013

Theme Thursday: Please Mr. Postman

Try as I might, I just couldn't figure out a way to use The Marvelettes song during our story time. A reference in the blog post was about as good as I could do.

Song: Good Monring Dear Earth

Flannel: Alphabet Soup- MAIL

Book: I Miss You Every Day by Sims Tabek
 

Song: Mail Myself to You

Finger Play: 2 Little Black Birds


Song: Grand Old Duke of York

Flannel: A Tisket a Tasket

Book: Larabee by Kevin Luthardt
 

 Song: Itsty Bitsy Spider

Song: Turn Around from Getting to know Myself

Make and Take Craft: Decorate Your Own Stamps

Did you know that you can submit your own stamp design to the United States Postal Service? The guidelines were a little strict for my kiddos so we just decorated label/sticker paper instead


Supplies:
-label/sticker paper
-markers
-design cut scissors

Process:
I cut the label paper into quarters using ridged scissors. Then I wrote .42 in the top right corner (although apparently the price of stamps has gone up since I last checked. I personally am a fan of FOREVER stamps, but they don't have the cool designs). After story time I passed out markers and the kids decorated their own stamps to take home and stick on over sized letters!

Time: prep took 5 minutes, the craft took 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment