Thursday, May 31, 2012

Theme Thursday: Monkeying Around

There's a reason monkey books are so prevalent. They're so freaking cute! I also can't believe I got through an entire monkey program with doing "5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed." It was on my cheat sheet, but somehow I just skipped right over it. Luckily, there's enough awesome monkey stuff packed into the story time that I don't think anyone noticed.

Song: Good Morning Dear Earth

Flannel: When Cow Gets Up in the Morning

Song: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Book: Just Mommy and Me by Tara Jaye Morrow

Finger Play: Turtle

Song: Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

Song: Grand Old Duke of York

Book:Tall by Jez Alborough

Flannel: Monkey Face

Song: The More We Get Together

Book: Monkey and Me by Emily Gravett
,

 










Song: Turn Around from Getting to know Myself






 Make and Take Craft: Monkey Puppets

Supplies:
-monkey faces (pattern here)
-popsicle sticks
-crayons
-pipe cleaners

Process:
Before story time, I glued the monkey heads to the Popsicle sticks. After story time, we met at the craft table and I handed out the puppets and 2 Popsicle sticks per person. As the kids colored the monkey faces, I showed the adults how to wrap the pipe cleaners around the stick to make bendable arms and legs.

Time: Prep took about 10 minutes and the craft took 20.


No comments:

Post a Comment