Friday, August 24, 2012

Flannel Friday: The Bus for Us?

I really love Suzanne Bloom's The Bus for Us and was heartbroken when I couldn't find it on the shelf for my Back to School story time. But instead of giving up and moving on I decided to see if I could make a decent flannel game based on Tess and Gus' morning adventure. Sometimes I'm stubborn.

Luckily I already had a school bus and a fire engine as part of my Things That Go set, so I whipped up a mail truck and a tow truck, spent a couple minutes trying to figure out what rhymes with "us" and came up with this:





I'll pick up your car,
If it's broken down or covered in rust,
Then I'll take it to the garage for repairs.

Is this the bus for us?

No! It's a tow truck!

With a wieoo-wieoo-wieoo-wieoo,
I race to the scene without any fuss,
I help the firemen do their job.

Is this the bus for us?

No! It's a fire engine!

Rain or shine, sleet or snow,
There's just not much to discuss,
I get the mail where it needs to go.

Is this the bus for us?

No! It's a mail truck!

Every morning the kids hop on,
Getting to school on time is a must,
At the end of the day I'll see them again.

Is this the bus for us?

Yes! It's a school bus!


Flannel Friday is hosted this week by Lisa at Libraryland. Visit the official Flannel Friday website to learn more about this awesome initiative and browse past round-ups.

3 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job with these felt pieces! So much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative! Sometimes being stubborn is a good thing. :-)

    I love your details on all of the vehicles! Thanks for sharing.

    ~ K ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vehicles are awesome! I can just imagine all of the kids shouting at you, "NOOOOOOO!" when you lift the felt piece. :D

    ReplyDelete