Thursday, August 9, 2012

Theme Thursday: Yo Ho Ho

Arrr matey, walk the plank! Our pirate themed story time is the very best!

Song: Good Morning Dear Earth

Flannel: This Old Pirate

Finger Play: 10 Little Fingers

Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider

Book: I Love My Pirate Papa by Laura Leuck



Song: Grand Old Duke of York

Action Rhyme: Here We Go Up, Up, Up


 Baby Bounce: X Marks the Spot

X marks the spot (draw an X with a hard poke in the middle of the baby's back)
A circle and a dot (draw a circle with a dot in the center of the baby's back)
Here we go looking for treasure (wander your fingers all over the baby's back)
I love you more than words can measure (hug the baby)


Flannel: 5 Little Ducks

Book: Bubble Bath Pirates by Jarret Krosoczka


Song: Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star

Song: Turn Around from Hap Palmer's Getting to Know Myself

Make and Take Craft: Pirate Hats




Supplies: 
-chalk
-black construction paper cut into pirate hat shape
- long strips of construction paper (I stapled 2 full length strips together)
-stapler

Process: Before story time I cut out the pirate hat shapes, and had I been thinking, I would have pre-stapled the construction paper strips too. But silly me, I thought I was the only one with a big head. After story time I gave out the pirate hats and the chalk. After they were done decorating they came to me, where I measured their heads by putting a construction paper strip around their head and folding the ends at their temples.Then I stapled the strip to the pirate hat in a loop that slid easily down and held in place.


Time: Prep took 7 minutes, the craft took 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment