Thursday, August 23, 2012

Theme Thursday: Yum, yum, yummy food

Man, I love food. And so do my story time kids. It was a good day to go to the market.

Song: Good Morning Dear Earth

Flannel: Alphabet Soup- FOOD

Flannel: Monster Lunch

Song: Wheels on the Bus

Book: Feast for 10 by Cathryn Falwell


Finger Play: 10 Little Fingers

Song: Grand Old Duke of York

Song: Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes

Book: Pizza at Sally's by Monica Wellington



Flannel: The Pizza that Sally Made

Book: Market Day by Lois Elhert


Song: Turn Around from Getting to Know Myself

Make and Take Craft: Personal Pizza Pies



Supplies:
-brown construction paper circles
-red construction paper circles (slightly smaller)
-construction paper vegetable shapes (green peppers, black olives, mushrooms, pineapples) and cheese
-glue sticks

Process: Before story time I cut out all the shapes, including short, white strips for cheese. After story time I gave one brown circle and one red circle to each kid and let them grab from the center of the table for the toppings. They got way more into it than I anticipated and we had some truly beautiful creations. Then I went and got actual pizza for lunch. I was inspired.

Time: Prep took 35 minutes  and the craft took 45.

No comments:

Post a Comment