Saturday, April 6, 2013

25 Days of Art: Comic Strips

On the last day of spring break we hosted a Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie marathon. We showed all three movies during the day, and in honor of Greg Heffley and his hatred of Lil'Cutie AND Zowee Mama! our Friday art activity was DIY Comic Strips.


Supplies:
-paper
-markers

Prep: All prep is optional. I used a sharpie to draw basic comic strip boxes, word bubbles and Pow!/Bam! explosions. Then I ran them through the copier and got 15 copies of each. You can find my comic strips here, here and here.

Process: Your imagination is the only limit! 



Kid Art:
My kid's didn't do too many actual comic strips, but they really loved color blocking the already drawn boxes. Maybe I should do a lesson on Rothko.








No comments:

Post a Comment